Monday, October 17, 2011

Taylor, Leavenworth, and AM Radio


Credit to Ryan Palo for convincing Grant, Taylor, Ali and myself to lay in the road for this sweet planking opportunity.

Don't worry blogging community, I will try my best to force Grant into occasional blog submissions until he figures out that he likes it and is willing to do it on his own. =)

For now, my awesome friend and new found third wheel in Grant's and my life is Taylor. He just moved to my one bedroom apartment about a week ago and enjoys his new home on my free couch, courtesy of Jojo and BJ.


Here he is seen summiting my neck block.

Since moving here Taylor has become an honorary member of our weekly Trivia outings, while its become harder and harder to distinguish him as a person rather than a moldy growth of the couch, we have come to realize that we enjoy his company.

Recently, Ryan Palo obtained a camera and decided planking after Tuesday Trivia at Astro's was in order. Being a planking fan myself, we all agreed that this was a good idea.

Two blondes of European descent planking together on inanimate objects... destined to be best friends...I think so! Photo credit: Ryan Palo

Recently, Grant and I went to Leavenworth and met up with a few of my friends from Tacoma. The first night we drove out we ended up camping on some forest land with a sweet setup. Lucky us! We got rained out for the first half of the day after arriving, so we decided to check out the town for a while. We happened to arrive to Leavenworth for the last weekend of Oktoberfest or as some may say the last weekend of "oktomygodijustpukedinmybeerfest!"


Here Jojo is seen as a double Alien... better than a normie alien

While being there for two days we only got to climb in three of twenty five different areas and being limited to two small bouldering pads, Grant did not climb as hard as he wanted to. We also invested in the Central Washington Bouldering Guidebook, which my old boss and friend Brian Doyle claims to be "an investment in our happiness." Needless to say, Brian was right and Grant and I will be back to Heavenworth.

Audrey and me enjoying the sun and watching the boys climb

Since no blog post should be left without some sort of Grant Rant, I will leave you with this. On this road trip I discovered that Grant gets loopy when the Ducks game does not come on AM radio but when the Fresno game does. I actually agree with Grant on this one because it does not make any sense. But by loopy, I mean he presses the scan button until he hears static on a station that will possibly play the game and listens intently until finding out that its just that...static.


Scene from Hot Rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment