Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grant has something to say

So its been a ton of time since I've been on this blog thing.  I wish what LLcoolJ said " don't call it a come back" would apply, but after thinking about it how can one come back to something that they never started.  Anyway I'm going to try to post more and add something to the blog that has my name prominently placed on it.

Lately I've been wondering about the names of routes.  Where do they come from?  Who thought of them?  Why are they so lame?  Why so many inside jokes?  Most of the names are generic and easy to understand.  There are regional names such as, Rocky Mtn high, California dreaming etc.  There are also names of routes that I'm sure have been used in multiple places.  Examples are "License to Bolt", "Nirvana" or  "Crack of doom".   I'm sick of all these names and every other lame one I've ever heard... SO  I am setting up an online database for anyone to use for the next FA they have.

These are all names anyone can use if they are cant think of an idea when people ask what they named there new sicky gnar gnar proj.  Feel free to add anything as you think of it. And without further wait here is a start.

  • Butterflys and Hand-grenades
  • smoosh push
  • Shirt cocking
  • (for side by side routes) " I Bleed Crimp Strength" and "I piss excellence"
  • Facebook killed the Myspace star
  • climbing is for fat kids
  • who brought the french guy?
  • Kombucha my eggo
  • C.R.A.P.P  aka climbing rocks ain't ping pong 
  • Ice climbing is neither
  • Vanessa (she told me I should name one after her)  Its required to name things after your better half.
With that I'm parched!  I'll post photos soon and try to update this blog thing on a more regular basis.  I'll also add more names in the comment section as they come to me.

Cheers,
Grant

4 comments:

  1. The Big Slam Pig Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dontchu worry Alex. If they dont name something that, I will.

    Palo

    ReplyDelete
  3. route names:
    Edward is so emo
    Beiber me
    snap shackles and widget blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI: the Fat Kid name was recently snatched: http://vimeo.com/38174610 (does the link work? Its a great video short, check it out and its a shout out to Brian and Matt - 2 of the best in my ol' VT crew!)

    ReplyDelete