Sunday, October 9, 2011

Google Voice

So, I feel like the most appropriate way of starting this blog would be by explaining Grant's hatred of Google Voice. It came about when I had lost my phone and was waiting on a call from Metolius to see if I was going to receive a job interview. So I came up with this amazing idea to download Google Voice, so that I could receive the message during class and not have to listen to it (since GV would transcribe the message to my email). The only problem with google voice is that it does not transcribe correctly.

For example...here is the message that I was waiting for from Metolius.

Hi Vanessa, this kept from choice, Corning, Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you Yeah, ifyou want to come down and talk to Mike. Scott til you Drop an application off with Michelle, last week.Mike's hiring for a position in the Inspection Department, and I think interviews. You can startsometime toward the middle of the end of next week, so if you want to come in a grab your applicationfor Michelle. And walk fact, I talked to Mike about it. If you could let you know what the positionentails seizures, she usually leave 03. Could he gets and 6 in the morning. Your something like thatso. Yeah you can call me to swing by anytime before 3 and talk to him for 15 20 minutes somethinglike that anyway. Look forward to seeing you.
Play message

I'm pretty sure the job I was applying for didn't entail "seizures."
So I told Grant about this humorous app I had found and needless to say, he did not like it.
Here are a couple of his messages transcribed...
6/3

Hey Vanessa, I was just calling to see if you're still wanna do. Brian thing tonight. If I need to call. ForTexan. Make sure that their seats available. So yeah, just gimme a call or text. Bye. Play message

7/7

Hey Vanessa, I was giving you a call to see if you guys are out and sisters because I'm almost donenow And I can pick up by tomorrow at the old fashion therapist, I can't get a h
old of Jason, who havemy currently. And then the check out there. I just need to know where you're at et cetera. The basicinformation. So, yeah, give me a call. Bye.
Play message
And most recently 10/8
Hey Vanessa, I was just seeing what you guys are at. I'm just gonna walk over that he rolls and see ifI can find something up for any to get someone sent so I just got to park. So maybe
I'll see you. Ifnot, just text me where you at lunch. Or you
guys bye bye.
Play message

At one point he did try to go off on a tangent while leaving
me a voicemail but I had called him back to soon and cut him off too early.

While leaving this message, Google Voice left me this...
Transcript not available
Play message


So all in all, I decided to keep GV but only because it annoys Grant so much.
But I do want to make sure that everyone knows that this blog is not just about Grant's rants, occasional input on our lives will be added as well. Even though Ryan Palo has been trying to go out of his way to get Grant to rant more than normal.

Here are some pics from our trip to Tacoma a few weeks ago!


Here I am with my comp prizes! A goodie bag and shake weight is all I need to keep me coming back for next year's Tacoma Throwdown.

Ingrid Carlson, making a pie and also an incredible breakfast, the day before she made us late for the comp. Jojo, your a lucky man.

Grant looking grateful that I decided not to participate in the Tour De' Goldfish X.

The Winners! Susie and three random dudes.My old place of residence before I moved to Bend. (View from the hill)




4 comments: