Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Colorado Trip

Colorado border at 7ish in the morning
Grant and I had a very exciting trip to Colorado a few weeks ago.  It's hard to believe that I had only spent three days there before and was wishing for my car to break down so that I didn't have to travel any further.  Who would have known that two years later I would finally make it back to this wonderful state.

The drive the first night was rather exciting.  Grant was pulled over for going 20+ over the speed limit, only 30 miles east of Bend.  We were separated and asked to have the car searched for drugs in which we both responded that it was fine but we needed our jackets first.  He let us go with a warning and no search!  How crazy. Must be lucky to be a hot blond.

We pulled a full 19 hour drive the first night after debating on weather or not we should stop.  I'm not sure if I made a good impression on his friends the first day because I was so loopy from lack of sleep.

We had an awesome day hanging out with Grant's "favorite climbing partner" and his adorable wife and baby.  I'm still going to tell myself that I am his favorite partner even when Geoff is around!

Geoff's homemade cam!!  This thing weighed a ton!









Brady being cute on the slide

The breweries in Fort Collins made it almost feel like Bend.  We went to O'Dell's, which apparently makes Grant's favorite beer which I didn't know about and of course to New Belgium.  The breweries in FOCO had this atmosphere that you just wanted to kick it there all day.  The bartenders didn't accept tips and most profits went to some sort of cause making the beers essentially free.  Good deed of the day was go buy some beer, is that normal?


Samplers at O'Dell's
Postcard home to Taylor



New Belgium taps, so shiny!




 
Matty Lite climbing Punk Rock Traverse
After the first day it was just two days of climbing in Horsetooth Reservoir and a day at Clear Creek Canyon.  It was exciting to go to different areas and interesting to test out steeper climbs.  It made me realize that I need to travel for longer periods of time so that I could get the hang of certain types of climbing.
Grant on Punk Rock Traverse
Enjoying the sun
Penny Boulder
Horsetooth Reservoir 




Grant, Lauren, myself, and Jersey Matt
The night life was awesome in Fort Collins and hanging out with Grant's friends was great because everyone was so friendly!  It was great to meet everyone and of course see my favorite Fort Collin's lady, Lauren Fukuhara.

Thanks to Paul and Emily for letting us crash at their place and giving me a new perspective on pink nailpolish!

"Strike a pose"

Grant and I enjoying the rest after an adventure hike in Clear Creek Canyon
We spent our last night in Salt Lake City with our friends Rachel and Alex and celebrated Alex's birthday at a pretty nice brewery.
On the way to Rachel and Alex's house!


Goal for now is to blog more!

No comments:

Post a Comment